SteppUp Time Management Skills
How to Create Goals and Set Priorities
The goal of this program is to help professionals manage their business by knowing where and how to focus their time and attention. You learn proven principles successful people use to accomplish their personal and business life dreams. You will walk away with the knowledge how to build the life you want by accomplishing personal and business goals.
The problem isn’t that we need more time. We are all giving 25 hours a day. The problem is how we manage our activities. Dreaming about a better life, job, relationship or income is common to all of us. What is not common is how we go about our day turning imaginations into real accomplishments.
In this course you will learn how highly successful people turn their time into successful accomplishments. Understanding that you don’t do “goals” you simply accomplish goals. What you will learn is the process for effective goals setting thinking and how easily it is to do the activities needed to accomplish your lifetime dreams.
Problems This Course Solves:
- Ineffective planning and preparing activities
- Wasting time on nonproductive activities
- Ending the week/month/year with very little accomplished
- Lack of goal orientationInability to focus on the future while living in the present
- Inability to focus on the future while living in the present
- Misunderstanding the relationship between goals and activities
- Fear of creating a goal and failing
- Fear of others seeing you fail
- Lack of knowledge in how to create goals and priorities
- Lack confidence managing time, task and priorities
As a result of this program, you will have the tools to:
- Develop the right attitude toward controlling your time.
- Know how to use the time available and ignore nonessentials.
- Understand the importance of having professional and personal goals.
- Learn how to create smart goals.
- Determine the right activities to reach goals.
- Prioritize your time to maintain balance.
- Master the habit of planning.
- Schedule when to do what you planned.
- Avoid procrastination which can impede your success.
Topic: How to Create Goals and Set Priorities
The value of goals:
People who write their goals down accomplish significantly more than those who do not write their goals.
- Organize your thinking
- Organize your dreaming
- Organize your time
The reason why so many people don’t set goals:
- They haven’t been taught the value
- They don’t know how
- They don’t want to fail
- They have been disappointed by New Year’s resolutions
The strategy for goal setting:
- What are your most pressing concerns?
- What’s keeping you up at night?
- What do you dream about?
- Allowing the time to set goals properly
- Choosing a word for the year
The fuel for goals:
- Expansive thinking
- If you had no limits what would you do?
- If you had six months to live what would you do?
- If you won the lottery what would you change in your life?
- If you knew you could not fail what you attempt?
The infrastructure behind successful goals:
- Time bound
The Priority Matric
- Urgent but not important
- Important but not urgent
- Time Wasters
The turbo charge for accomplishing your goals:
- Regular review
Joseph Kozel, ASAP Roofing
“In 2012 when I was presented an opportunity to crossover into medical supply/equipment sales role, I began searching for a sales training course that would help ensure my success in this new role. I reached out to Stepp for his advice and he told me about course he already had designed entitled “2Meeting Close which is part of the Sales Meeting Mastery Course” that could provide critical key foundational elements for sales persons. It included information about prospecting, time management, conducting sales meetings, buyer styles, smart negotiation, as well as many other important items. Because I was committed to succeeding in this new role, I invested money out of my own pocket to begin this coursework immediately on my own time and it didn’t take very long to start seeing results. When I was hired for the role, they told me that no one in the 36-year history of the company had ever made quota in that territory. They also told me to expect it to take me at least 2 – 3 years to begin making the territory profitable.”
Marty Partida, Medical Sales Account Represenative
“Stepp’s hard-earned expertise is so simple yet so profound. Practice the art of countering objections, and a year from today everything ‘sales’ will change in your organization!”
Pamela Walters, executive vice president, the Devine Group, Inc.
Stepp has been a friend and a business partner for several years. Initially, Stepp did sales training for our Sales Professionals and Sales Managers at Cox. We achieved positive results and this lead to our further developing work with Sales Professional and Sales Manager profiling using DISC Tool and Devine Inventory Tools. We continue to use the tools and I know that we have saved money by being able to focus on development based upon the individual’s personal responses to questions within the tools. This has helped us put the "right people" in the "right seats" (hunting, farming, account management, consultative selling, major account management, etc.) on "The Sales Bus" We continue to work with Stepp and because we are getting substantially better productivity as a business partner.
Randy Chandler, VP Cox Communications
"I recently attended Stepp's "2 Meeting Close" seminar and was extremely Wowed with his presentation on how to sell and close deals. Stepp understands how difficult the selling process can be, however, he showed how truly easy closing deals can be."
Max Anderson, CEO, Flooring & Interiors Tyler
"Stepp Sydnor consults and trains sales managers how to hire and manage the best salespeople. I have worked with Stepp both as a client and as a consultant and would highly recommend him. He is knowledgeable in this field, his training and principles provide clarity and direction which has helped focus our time on the right things. I can say that Stepp's training and coaching does indeed get the turnaround and revenue increase, for which you paying for.”
Darryl Drenon, Regional Manager Cisco Systems
“In following Stepp’s 3Cs approach, we effectively addressed our workplace communication and sales problems...improved revenues from 10 million to 40 million. We indeed had a turnaround, thanks to his concise and doable tips for improved interaction.”
Gulam Harji, Plant Manager, Hood Packaging, Tyler, TX
“Stepp’s top-producer approach helped us become the number one store out of 455 Sam’s Club stores nationwide!”
George Cunningham, Sam’s Club, Tyler, TX
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Want to stay on track with what's happening at Stepp Up? Optin for our newsletter and we will keep you posted!